I know it's looking pretty sparse around here right now but I am hoping to turn this blog into a place to share ideas about "riding on the cheap" which, admittedly, is impossible to some degree. I believe that lessons are absolutely imperative for safety and that isn't exactly pocket change, but there are some things I have found that do lessen the cost and I'd love to hear your ideas too.
Hence the name: the Collegial Equestrian. (Plus it has that association of "college" even though that's not actually what it means)
Some ideas I have for future posts are:
- Conformation clinics for Gentle Giants
- An investigation of the good, the bad, the Parelli
- A response to a This American Life episode I listened to called "Adventures in the Simple Life." It was about a bunch of non-equestrians who decided to up and travel across the country on horseback...which I found completely irritating for several reasons, namely because traveling with horses IS NOT SIMPLE.
- A multimedia post of helmet cams! I love helmet cams!!!
- Maybe some exciting stories of falls and crashes.
- Whatever sounds like a good idea in the comments (hint hint!).
So...again, welcome, and thanks for stopping by as I'm just getting this whole thing started!