Thursday, March 6, 2014

Viva Carlos' Magical Blog Hop: 7 Deadly Sins






This drooling unicorn cracks me up. Thanks L for such a fantastically weird logo for the blog hop! (And I mean that in the best way.) On we go!

Pride

Seven great things/strengths in your riding life
  1.  Ability to figure out when things aren't working (though I don't always know the solution right away!)
  2. Body awareness continues to improve (Why is my right shoulder in outer space? I don't know, but at least I know where it is)
  3. Exciting new goal--foxhunting
  4. I do my homework from lessons and use those exercises in my practice rides
  5. I'm good at keeping calm in a crisis
  6. I have a good seat
  7. I am lucky to have a really fun freelance gig at HorseNation

I also want a magical white unicorn.

Envy

Seven things you lack or covet for you or your horse
  1. A time turner for more hours in the day. Anyone have one that works?
  2. My own saddle (that fits) but it is SOO far on the "want" end of the spectrum that it's not on my radar for a while
  3. Plaid things
  4. More money for less work (ha, well this is all hypothetical, right?)
  5. Would like to learn about equine photography
  6. Would like to live in a Florida climate but not give up the culture of DC
  7. A collie to be my barn dog :) I don't have time or space for a dog though.
When we chip a jump, apparently

Wrath

Seven things that make you angry
  1. Unsolicited nonsense advice
  2. People who blindly worship a bad trainer (because I've been there, when I was a kid!)
  3. When I have to stay late at work and can't ride on weeknights
  4. Horses with bad or dangerous ground manners
  5. Too many people in the arena (doesn't make me angry so much as stressed out)
  6. When people backtalk the judge, the instructor, the show steward, etc...there's no need for sass!
  7. When people blame the saddle for their bad position. You shouldn't need the saddle to suction you into correct position!

Sloth

Seven things you neglect to do or cut corners on 
  1. Taking pictures
  2. Horse shows
  3. Cleaning tack in the winter. Normally I enjoy it, but in the cold...no thanks!
  4. Blogging (working to fix that though!)
  5. Consistently making time for the barn so I'm not on a time crunch. Hoping I can change around my work schedule though.
  6. Watching and analyzing videos of other riders. I always MEAN to do this on Youtube but never do.
  7. Horse laundry
Yes Beckett, you look fabulous.

Greed

Seven most expensive things you own for your horse/riding
  1. The damn Passier saddle that doesn't fit and I haven't sold
  2. Charles Owen helmet
  3. Show jacket--bought new, so it was pretty expensive, but I've had it for...ten years at this point. Wow.
  4. Ariat boots
  5. Monthly lease fee
  6. Stupid stock tie that really should not have cost almost $40. It's just a piece of fabric!
  7. XC safety vest

Gluttony

Seven guilty pleasures or favorite items
  1. Leasing a horse, and realizing this is the most comfortable option for me now
  2. Barn book club from my last barn--I have not gone yet, but plan on going to the next meeting to keep in touch with my friends there
  3. Blogging (at least when the going is good!)
  4. Trail rides
  5. Relaxing and cleaning tack
  6. Getting all dressed up in my show clothes and doing stuff--whether it's a show, foxhunt, whatever
  7. Pulling manes. I don't know why I enjoy this.

Lust

Seven things you love about horses and riding
  1. You can always improve
  2. It makes you more patient and fair
  3. The style
  4. Horses do silly things
  5. Being able to talk to horse people and feel totally comfortable, when normally I am pretty shy
  6. The smell of horses and leather
  7. It's fun!

4 comments:

  1. More money less work- sign me up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loff my unicorn :D I wanted his feet to be round and derpy but they looked really inappropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "People who blindly worship a bad trainer." Omg. YES (though I too have been there)!

    ReplyDelete