Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Day 06 – 30 Day Horse Challenge – All Tack and Riding Clothes You Have (color/ brand/ details)

We introduced the kitties today since Beckett stopped hissing when he smelled a blanket with Manchego's scent on it.


And we were entertained by Kitty TV for a good long time. Beckett is really strong for his size, but Manchego knows he's more nimble.

On to the challenge...this one is a doozy. I photographed everything. Because I care about you and your desire to catalog every horse item I own.
Breeches, from left to right: the amazing plaid full-seat, really old ribbed On Course knee-patch breeches, blue Kerrits fuzzy winter tights, Equifit fullseat (that is more of a capri length because I was too lazy to exchange it) and summer tights. Plus a kitten entranced by a dangly thing.
I just got the duffel bag today at Target. I've been needing a barn bag for a long time and since the new barn doesn't have a lot of parking spots, I finally decided to get something to help carry my stuff from the car when I have to park a little farther away. This was a good exercise, since I realized that I really don't need to carry all this crap around every day:

Paddock boots, leather chaps, leather cleaning stuff, neon yellow crop (easier to find when I drop it), boot jack, small spurs, an Ariat fuzzy headband for winter, side reins, a cavesson, and a Charles Owen Wellington helmet.

Ariat tall boots, Ariat boot bag, a super comfy bareback pad, another helmet that doesn't fit my head as well (I think it is IRH or International?), and black rubber boots for mud. I mean, for Beckett.

Beckett approved of my flamingo saddle pad. I have another that is navy blue but I'm not sure where it is. From right to left--very beat-up leather gloves, awesome grippy SSG gloves, Tailored Sportsman crochet back gloves, and SSG fuzzy winter work gloves.

Of all of these things, the one I would wholeheartedly recommend to anyone (aside from plaid breeches and flamingo saddle pads, obviously) is the brown SSG gloves. I just got them this spring and they are amazing--warm when it's cold, but not too warm if it's hot, very grippy, and they work on a touch screen phone. They are so thin that I forget I am wearing them, which is perfect for maintaining more educated hands without freezing. Technology!



9 comments:

  1. Are those SSG gloves the hybrid ones? If so, I have like three pairs. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought them at a tack store and threw away the packaging, but I looked online and I think they are the SSG Digital gloves.

      Delete
  2. Love your sense of humor as always and love how your cats kept getting in the pictures lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have those touch screen friendly gloves too! I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh Beckett is cute. The saddle pad is cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's quite a collection! Also, I love your cats :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cats are hilarious. Nice collection! :)

    ReplyDelete