If you've ever done the daily feed/chores at your barn, you find that you get into a routine. Eyes clear? No drippy noses? Leg swellings? Anyone lame? You really have to read the horses' body language...not just for their health, but to avoid getting in the middle of two horses giving each other the stink eye (ear?), about to settle the pecking order.
So I thought for this blog hop, we could share stories from head to hoof. It can be anything--just has to somehow involve that body part.
Go ahead and keep adding to the list with each person who does the hop.
Ears: There is absolutely nothing better than fluffy pony ears. There is a little pony at Gentle Giants named Evander (though he may have been adopted since I've seen him) who is very old, very swaybacked, and very white and fluffy.
I don't have a picture of him specifically, but he had the funniest little ears that were very close together and curved inward toward each other. He was some kind of mutt; who knows where those ears came from.
|Just like this, but white, short, and closer together. via|
Mouth: I had an instructor who liked to kiss his horses by lifting up their lips and giving them a kiss on their gums. It was sweet I guess, but also really weird. Especially because the horse I usually rode really hated to be petted (he would flick his ears back like, "I'm working, can't you see that?" if I gave him a pat after a jump), but he loooved this kissy treatment.
Hoof: Well, just check out this rock is all I have to say.
How to join the blog hop:
- Copy/paste the logo, the prompt, the questions in bold, and these instructions.
- Respond to the questions on your blog.
- Publish your blog post and copy the URL.
- Come back to this page, click the blue "Add Your Link" button below, and enter your blog name and the post's URL.
- Click here for the code. (Or copy/paste this URL into your browser: http://www.inlinkz.com/script.php?id=235878&nojump=1&key=ILA.aT2zAI/Lg) Copy/paste the code from that page in the HTML of your blog. Enter the code at the very end of your post so it appears at the bottom.
- The list will update on everyone's blog automatically once you sign up!